Sunday, August 21, 2011

Up, up, and away

SO. It's been a whole month since my last post, I apologize! Things got busy, and then I went on a hiatus of sorts. BUT IM BACK. With several posts lined up that I will ACTUALLY post.

Let's start with this one. It's that time of year again, summer is quickly drawing to a close and soon we'll all be embarking in new directions in the new school year, going off to college or for me, starting senior year of high school (finally). In the spirit of  "embarking", this was shot (with the help of my lovely grandmother, thanks Grandma :) )at the local train station, and includes some of the things I've put together for the new year.
First, new bag:

Forever 21, 16.80$. I love love love the hardware, the whole vibe of it.
The next thing Is this gorgeous cloud shirt, I don't even have an "outfit" based around it yet because I love it so much on its own. I have a small obsession with the sky and clouds, I photograph it constantly, it's always my background on my phone and computer. The shirt looks almost exactly like a photograph I took once, so of course I had to have it.


Shirt, 15.80 F21. Watch necklace previously featured. Belt, 4$ from Aeropostale, and the shoes are Enzo Angiolinis we found at a thrift store (Fifi's, more specifically), for only 16$! Another gift from my grandmother. They're quite classic, and very comfortable. I love loafers, and since I can't pull of oxfords (cursed with size 10 feet :( ), they're a perfect for me.


Call me pretentious, but there's something poetic about waiting at a train station. Well, waiting for any departure, really. The moment in between where you were, and where you're going to be. Tan and cream shirt (the cream part is knit), $15.80, F21. Floral skirt, 14$ Charlotte Russe. Scarf belonged to my mother, as did the navy headband. I'm feeling some classic, "school girl" vibes for this fall.

As it gets colder, this also looks quite nice with a black cardigan, and some sheer tights. Shorts (that look like a skirt!) Target, 15$. Tank, 5$ from Aeropostale. Vintage belt. 20$ flats from Rack Room. Shades lent to me from a very friendly stranger who struck up a conversation with us (mostly consisting of his life story), thanks Mark.

That's all for now, more coming very, very soon!

5 comments:

  1. Terrific post with great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written fashion blog with wonderful photos and some great outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun blog! Have you ever looked at all the Forever 21 jewelry, too? Love that stuff. If you ever get to Dallas/FortWorth, you must go spend about a thousand hours in the Sam Moon store! -- Beckie, friend of your dad

    ReplyDelete