Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The glory of sweat pants. THAT'S RIGHT, I SAID SWEAT PANTS!

So, instead of doing one long post about all the things I picked up on my last shopping trip and how I'm incorporating them into my wardrobe, I decided to divide it up a little more. This very post that you are reading this very second is going to focus on my favooorite purchase-an awesome pair of sweat pants. For the all mighty and comfortable sweat pant, can too be chic! This trend first made an appearance on last falls runways, particularly in Alexander Wang's collection, however the sporty look has/is stuck/sticking around, and if you're going for a "chic" approach, with the right cuts it can really be timeless. (If not than it really should be, who doesn't love being comfortable and looking good AT THE SAME TIME!?) Well okay correction, the sweat pant really first became day wear in the 70's and 80's. But whatever.

So first, the sport version.

 20$ Silk jacket, CR, 11$ sports bra, Target, 17$ sweats, target, 40$ converse shoes (whereever converse are sold.)
Sorry for the bluryness. I couldn't really swing this going to school, as being a high school student I must abide by a dress code (fascists!) and can't have my entire midriff showing. But you could swap out the sports bra for a tank in a similar print or solid black in a sporty cut to make it more conservative.

Should you want to dress it up a little more:

 13$ Black textured top, Forever 21. 30$ bomber jacket, CR. 10$ thrift store necklace (previously featured). 20$ black and tan wedges, Rack Room

Paired with heels, a dressier top, statement necklace, and cool leather bomber jacket, the look suddenly becomes a lot more "uptown" while still being casual. The cut of the sweats really helps-they're high wasted, fitted at the top and loose down the inseam into a gathered bottom. Also the fabric is a nice quality-it has a nice textured look and won't pill.

FURTHERMORE. This silk jacket is soo great! I want to feature it on its own as well, just to show it in a more "everyday" look. As a side note, I always think jackets and cardigans are worth "splurging" just a little on, because they're so useful-they look great on their own, easily spice up a plain outfit, or can be thrown over dresses/shirts make them more weather appropriate. Either way, you'll end up using them a lot.



I didn't accessorize that much, because I really don't think it needs to much of it. It's just lovely. <3

8 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 amazing shit mannn

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool items. I defintely want a pair of sweats like that and not play the whole hoodie/grubby look and do something different. the sports bra is a cool print and the dressy look is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for following my blog!
    i followed back. <3

    I've been meaning to get some great sweatpants and now i know!

    http://wispyandsmitten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute outfits, and cute blog!!!

    Enter my giveaway on my blog!
    www.Chanelcraves.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great jacket! Your blog banner is super cute! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, very cool. I love the styling of the sweatpants.

    I need to get some sweat pants for this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks everyone! And the banner was taken by me, those are my tights haha.

    ReplyDelete